Think of all the things you do everyday from the moment you wake up until the moment you shut your eyes. You could do it all in your sleep, right? That’s how well and often you do these things.
Well, let me tell you, just because you’ve been doing it all your life…doesn’t make it right. You could be completely wrong.
1. Keeping your toothbrush in the bathroom. Now, it’s thoughtless, I get it. You keep your toothbrush in the bathroom because you brush your teeth at your sink, but what some people don’t realize is that chances are, it’s covered in fecal particles. Fecal…meaning poop. When people flush with the lid open, viruses and bacteria from the toilet spray stays airborne long enough to settle on surfaces throughout the bathroom…including your toothbrush.
2. For all the pregnant mamas out there – we’ve always seen on TV shows that you’re supposed to push but directed pushing has been demonstrated to increase childbirth pain and perineal damage which also reduces the amount of oxygen that gets to the unborn baby. The World Health Organization suggests that women move around during labour and switch positions to whatever feels best for them.
3. Cup Plunger and Flange Plunger. I bet you don’t know the difference. A plunger isn’t a plunger is a plunger is a plunger. You may have a cup plunger sitting next to your toilet but guess what, that one is to be used only for the sink. A Flange plunger is designed for the toilet. They’re not used for both.
4. Eating Breakfast to Lose Weight. Eating breakfast does not help you reduce weight. However, earlier studies show that breakfast may influence metabolism and appetite.
In addition, eating food too quickly may disrupt your body’s natural chemical signals, leading you to consume more than you should, which could result in a higher risk of obesity.
5. Washing your hands. I know, I know, you know how to do this. But in actuality, only about 5% of North American’s wash their hands the right way so there is a chance that you could be doing this wrong. The right way?! Rub your hands vigorously with water and soup for 20 seconds.
6. Drinking water. Seems simple enough. But the correct way to consume water according to doctors is to drink one glass 30 minutes prior to meals helps improve the function of your digestive system and one glass of water prior to having a shower can help reduce blood pressure.
7. Towel Drying Your Skin. Rubbing your skin dry with a towel can actually make your dry skin worse and aggravate other skin problems. The correct way is to gently pat yourself down with your towel after your shower.
8. Sleeping. Yes, you sleep wrong. Okay, maybe you don’t sleep wrong but the things you do before you go to sleep could really affect your sleep. Switch off your phone, avoid alcohol, caffeine and exercising close to your bed time.
9. Using shampoo frequently. If you shampoo your hair more than a few times a week, you may be stripping away necessary oils in your hair and in turn making your hair greasier.
10. Storing your peanut butter. You should store your peanut butter upside down to keep it the perfect consistency. This way the oil distributes evenly and keeps the peanut butter tasty.
What do you do that you think you did wrong?