The firefighters on scene used chainsaws, Hazmat suits and a flatbed truck in order to cut through the house and carry the man out of his Pennsylvania home.
The mess inside the home hindered the firefighters from getting to the man.
“Police came and knocked all the windows out but they didn’t hear from him, so then Hazmat came cause it was deemed too toxic to go in by the fire department,” neighbor Lee Hanyo told the station. “They had to figure out a way to cut him out so they used electric chainsaws to cut a hole in the house and pull him out.”
Eventually they were able to use a pulley system to lift the 600-pound man and place him on a flatbed truck. He was then taken to the hospital for treatment.